Ransome Sporting Goods offer, under it's own brand, a high quality value range of both Tennis and Racketball products. These are specifically aimed at the educational and recreational section of the market. This includes 5 different size tennis rackets for younger players right up to full size Adult size. Also available are the popular tennis buckets with balls included; available in either 96 balls or 60 balls size.
Recently added to the range and aimed at the schools markets are Primary and Secondary packs. Each packs contains a set of rackets, balls and full size carry bag with products suitable to the relevant level.
- Ransome Sporting Goods was formed in 1979, taking advantage of the availability of the Butterfly table tennis distributorship. RSG was started by Alan Ransome, a former English table tennis international player, senior coach, club manager and official within the sport, who was able to use his knowledge to work with Butterfly and Schildkrot to develop a very strong presence for the brand in the British market.
- Schildkrot were added in 1980 as the German manufacturer was able to provide an excellent range of product for the hobby market, meeting market needs that were not available from Butterfly.
- Recognising that the company needed a bigger sales marketing and administration infrastructure to be able to maximise the sales of the brand, it became clear that the table tennis on its own was not a sufficiently large market to support a viable company.
- RSG in 1980 took on the distributorship of Unsquashable squash which, with the endorsement of World Champion Jahangir Khan, quickly became a major player within the British market.
- Talbot Torro Badminton rackets were added 4 years later with the assistance from one of Britain's leading badminton personalities, Derek Talbot, former England player, coach and television commentator and working with England Badminton quickly developed a significant market share, particularly within the education sector.
- To enhance the racket range, Gosen strings were added in 1990 as well as the Ransome range of tennis rackets and balls.
- In the early 1990s, RSG expanded further by taking on the Baden ball brand and with it Sure Shot which together provided a full range of basketball as well as balls for a number of other sports including baseball, softball, volleyball, American football, soccer and Dodgeball.
- Since the turn of the century, RSG further expanded into baseball and softball with the acquisition of the Louisville Slugger brand which was followed by the development of Bronx to provide product for the sections of the market that Louisville did not cover. The Baden balls completed the range of equipment for baseball and softball.
- Sure Shot gymnastics was added, followed most recently by Sure Shot rounders and Schildkröt fitness.
- RSG have always been located in Middlesbrough in Teesside working originally from offices in Wood Street and additional warehouses close by. In 2013 the company moved to one major new site in Queensway, Middlesbrough which provides all of the facilities required to run the company under one roof with 100,000 square feet of office and warehouse space.
- This provides the facilities and opportunities for the company to develop its products and market share further and we are optimistic about future growth and prospects.